Kids Campus Child Care Center Accreditation
Kids Campus has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1996. Because it is NAEYC-accredited, Kids Campus also maintains the highest-level license (5-Star) with the New Mexico Early Childhood Education and Care Department.
“The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is dedicated to improving the well-being of all young children, with particular focus on the quality of educational and developmental services for all children from birth through age 8.”
Many of the policies and procedures contained within the Parent Handbook derive from the following ten Program Standards and individual performance criteria developed by NAEYC to define high-quality early childhood services for young children.
- Promote positive relationships among all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth and belonging and to foster each child’s ability to contribute as a responsible community member.
- Implement a curriculum that has specific goals in mind for each child and group of children and promotes learning social, emotional, language, cognitive and physical areas of development.
- Use developmentally, linguistically, and culturally appropriate teaching approaches that are effective and help children learn and develop.
- Use ongoing formal and informal assessment methods to gather and communicate information on your child’s learning and development.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness and injury.
- Employ teaching staff that have the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse needs and interests.
- Establish and sustain relationships with each child’s family and be sensitive to family composition, culture, and language.
- Establish relationships with and use community resources to support the achievement of program goals.
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy indoor and outdoor physical environments.
- Implement effective policies and procedures that address and govern fiscal, program and personnel management to ensure high-quality experiences for children, staff, and families.
NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct
The core values, ideals and principles contained in NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct is meant to guide the Kids Campus staff in their daily decisions and to further their commitment to the general welfare of young children. For more information, please refer to: www.naeyc.org